WORK IN THE COMMUNITY
Over the course of the pandemic, the Club has come together in a special way to proudly play a role in helping our neighbours in the Hammersmith & Fulham area with various volunteers and fundraising projects and initiatives.
We aim to expand on these fantastic achievements with the creation of The Hurlingham Club Foundation. Since November 2020 we have had over 150 members & staff volunteer through the club and we have raised over £28,000 in this period, all being used to help various charities and schools in the area.
Some examples of our efforts include;
• Green Initiative – We funded the renovation of the grass area at Sands End Associated
Projects in Action (SEAPIA), ensuring children have a safe place to play all year round
• Food-box Campaign – This enormously popular initiative saw over 700 food-boxes
delivered to vulnerable families in the community from November to April
• Christmas gift giving campaign – Over 300 Christmas presents were donated by Club members
and employees as part of our Christmas Gift Giving campaign and distributed to SEAPIA families
• The Hurlingham Club as a collection point for Ready Tech Go – Ready Tech Go is a local charity that collects
laptops and tablets. The charity services the items donated and then distributes them to children to help them
to study and to elderly people who are unable to connect with their loved ones or access essential services
• The LBHF Council Christmas lunch organised in collaboration with Smile Brigade – Smile Brigade is a
non-profit social enterprise that offers free and lost cost services and activities to vulnerable people
in the borough. Hammersmith and Fulham London Borough organised a Christmas lunch for vulnerable
residents in the borough to which we donated 120kg of turkey and 36kg of lentil masala.
• London Air Ambulance – The Club provides a landing area and rest facilities for the crew
• Trinity Hospice – We collected donations from members and their guests at our Christmas carols event
• Community Sport & School Outreach Programme:
o White Initiative – We have raised £4000 from generous members for this initiative to benefit
30 students from neighbouring school, Sulivan. The students will receive tennis lessons each week
on our courts, promoting health and well-being in the community.
o Thomas Academy – We have opened our playground on Tuesday afternoons during
term time to local school, Thomas Academy.
o Squash Squared – We have partnered with local charity Squash Squared who offer squash and
education to less fortunate students.
• Fulham Good Neighbours – We have a partnership with a FGN care-home whereby 15-20
residents are given a tour around the Club’s grounds, culminating in afternoon tea